What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[URGENT] SMS Notification Delivery of Specific Downtime Alarms Only

Votes:

I haven't setup the SMS gateway information yet but once I do I need to get messages to the mobile numbers of key asset owners on device specific alarms filtered from the entire list of triggers. How is this possible?

custom-alerts prtg sms

Created on Jun 8, 2023 7:06:39 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello there,

Thank you for using PRTG Product.

Let's assume your PRTG System is already configured to send SMS, in this case you will need to edit and add more mobile numbers.

You can add more numbers separated by a comma, however, this depends on SMS Service providers, since they all have different setups and requirements.

• In the PRTG web interface, go to the "Setup" and click on the "Notification Template" to add and configure a new one as desired.
  • Select "Add Notification Template"
  • Then enable SMS notifications, by turning on "Send SMS/Pager Message", then configure "User", "Number" and then configure the message.
  • By following these steps, you can configure SMS notifications template and assign it to devices in PRTG. Now the SMSs/Notifications can be sent to specific configured numbers.

Furthermore, you may want to look at the PRTG Manual: Notification Templates and a Knowledge Base Article on how to SMS alerts. Follow the link: PRTG Manual: Notification Templates

You may also like to look at this guide on how to set up notification triggers.
Follow link: how to set up notification triggers

If you are using third party service providers, you may like to check out this link: How can I use SMS Notification 3rd Party Services like Swissphone with PRTG?

Kind regards,

Jeremiah Katatumba - Technical Support

Created on Jun 13, 2023 11:28:14 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.