What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connect a remote probe with all sensors and history to a new prtg instance

Votes:

Hi, at the moment, i have a prtg core server with sensors and a remote probe with severel sensors. I want to seperate the systems, because responsibilities have changed and move the remoteprobe sensors and historical data to a new prtg instance.

i only found how to to migrate the base instance and only without remote probes

how-to migration remoteprobe

Created on Jul 26, 2023 8:46:24 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Hans,

If you want to migrate only one remote probe, that is not possible. You will need to migrate the entire PRTG server and then delete the other probes that you do not need from it.

Kind regards,
Muna Azmi - Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 31, 2023 9:27:13 AM by  Muna Azmi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, how can i migrate the complete prtg Coreserver including the remoteprobe? I only find documetation for migration prtg Core server without remote probes. Kind regrads, Mirko

Created on Jul 31, 2023 9:50:57 AM

Votes:

Hello,

the full migration is detailed here

In short, you first migrate the core server, and then you run the "PRTG Administration Tool" on each remote probe in order to point them to the new core server. In case you also want to migrate the probes to a new computer, please have a look here.

Created on Aug 3, 2023 8:41:19 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.