What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WISHLIST - Monitoring Amazon S3

Votes:

DEAR Paessler,

We have a cloud solution based on Amazon AWS.

We checked the Sensor called 'Amazon Cloudwatch' that can monitor EC2 and others but not S3.

Maybe can be usefull to monitor Amazon costs/limits, bandwitdh usage, the operations usage Get/post etc etc...

Regards

amazon amazon-cloud-service cloudwatch ec2 s3 wishlist

Created on Aug 29, 2012 7:56:59 AM

Last change on Aug 29, 2012 9:45:27 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You are not the first customer asking to add s3 to our amazon cloudwatch sensor. At the moment, we are researching, weather this is possible and what values we can get. If it is possible and we can get useful values, we will add S3 support as soon as possible.

Please follow the PRTG release notes history for updates.

Created on Aug 29, 2012 11:22:18 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Last change on Aug 29, 2012 11:30:20 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Is there any update on this request? I realize this is a very old thread, but I don't see this topic anywhere else.

Created on Sep 27, 2018 12:51:30 AM

Votes:

Hi Noah,

This usually indicates that there's not too much demand wanting that. But to ensure our decisions reflect the actual demand, kindly create a Feature Request for it with everything you'd like to see in the S3 sensors :) I could do as well, but might miss points an S3 user wouldn't. Thanks in advance!

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 27, 2018 6:33:34 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.