What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request: Acknowledge warnings

Votes:

Several operators - responsible for a computer centre - rely on PRTG. When a warning (yellow flag) appears it is not necessary that more than one operator deals with that incident; so he needs a possibility to show: 'I've seen it.' That's why it is important to have possibility to acknowledge a warning... some kind of a basic functionality for a monitoring system.

acknowledgement prtg warnings

Created on Jan 28, 2015 8:08:35 AM

12 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

I'll put this on our wish list and we will internally discuss the acknowledgment of sensors in a warning state. Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards

Created on Jan 29, 2015 12:18:01 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

+1 for this. Ability to acknowledge a warning is critical, otherwise the feature's value is pretty weak.

Created on Nov 4, 2015 2:04:10 PM

Votes:

+1 for this. Can't understand why this isn't currently offered. I don't really see the point of the warnings page if you can't easily track that you've seen them and raised a ticket. This has been asked for since 2011 on the forums from what I can see, so I can't understand why it's still not available.

Created on Jan 26, 2016 11:20:12 AM

Votes:

+1 also. Would be very great option. We have several people on different locations/rooms, so we sometimes have to check the same thing, because cannot 'see' that someone else already checked it.

Created on Jan 26, 2016 1:41:53 PM

Votes:

+1 also. I'm using a File Sensor to send alerts when a log file contains a particular string, but now the device is listed as a constant warning because there is no way to clear the state.

Created on Feb 18, 2016 7:52:21 PM

Votes:

+1 also, acknowledge warning is great function.

Created on Nov 11, 2016 11:21:56 AM

Votes:

+1 acknowledge a Warning would be great. Please add this soon. thx

Created on Nov 30, 2016 7:22:29 AM

Votes:

+1 We really need that feature, because different offices are workin with PRTG, and you never now when someone has reacted already. Please ASAP!!!

Created on Jul 11, 2017 11:51:26 AM

Votes:

We realy need this to, now multiple admins are working on the same warming. Pause a sensor would be a wrong thing to do.

Created on Apr 4, 2018 3:40:38 PM

Votes:

+1 Please add this feature.

Let's imagine I'm monitoring a disk store. I have a warning threshold set at 15% free space and an error at 5%. It's 10:30 pm at night and I get a warning notification. I sign on to PRTG and note that space has been depleting at a slow and steady pace for several months so there's little chance it will fill up overnight. I determine it can wait until morning.

I want to "acknowledge" this alert so A) I stop getting email notifications and B) my co-workers know I've seen it. What can I do? Currently, my options are: 1) Pause the alert. The downside to this is it stops monitoring and the disk COULD fill up overnight without my knowing it. 2) Adjust the threshold. The downside here is that I then need to remember to change it back later. 3) Allow the warnings to continue emailing me and my team every 15/30/60 minutes until morning.

It would be incredibly useful to be able to acknowledge the warning so the email alerts would stop but the sensor would keep polling in case the state changes back to normal OR gets worse and becomes an error.

Created on May 11, 2018 3:16:38 PM

Votes:

+1 That is VERY important for me!!

Created on Sep 6, 2018 8:21:05 AM

Votes:

Hi everyone,

This feature request has been converted into an official feature request: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/81342-acknowledge-sensors-in-warning-state

We'll make sure that upvotes in this thread are considered. Please read our new guide on how we want to handle requests in the future. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 12, 2018 6:58:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.