What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cover page in reports?

Votes:

Hi there,

Is there a way to generate a cover page in the report output? I've tried modifying the reportheader.htm and using the Introduction setting the report settings but they simply add some extra content onto the first page. I'd like to have a completely separate first page.

Thanks!

introduction modify-templates reports

Created on Jan 9, 2017 4:49:50 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Sean,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base post.

Though report customization is officially not supported, you might look at this post from another knowledge base user regarding page breaks.
Kindly note that it could be helpful to create a custom report to avoid an overwrite due to an update.

Further report modification could be found here: How do I modify PRTG's report templates?

Alternatively, however not fully automatic, you could insert a cover page afterwards using third party applications like FreePDF (MultiDoc).

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 10, 2017 11:52:00 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks a lot the first link is exactly what I wanted!

Regards, Sean

Created on Jan 10, 2017 12:07:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.