What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sunburst map font size way too small

Votes:

We changed the setup on our PRTG host , we have the display spanned over 2 vertical stacked 17"monitors each displaying half of the sunburst.

Now the circle map is very big , but the text in circle map is almost unreadable small , even if you are standing in fromt of the monitors.

It seems that the autofont size calculation doesn't copy with a map of 2000x2000 pixels ... I have a screendump if you need to see it for youself.

I have names only taking up 5-10% of the whole field they are positioned in.

fontsize maps sunburst

Created on Sep 27, 2017 11:59:26 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey eviled,

Please open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\javascript\_Prtg.ObjectTree.Sunburst.Plugin.js in a text-editor (e.g. notepad++), search for the entries (2 times in the file) return d.sunburst.fontsize + "px" and change this entries to return "20px"

Once you have done this, please reload your map by pressing CTRL + F5.

Kindly note, this change will affect all sunburst objects in your maps and in your web GUI as well.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Oct 4, 2017 5:42:11 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hey eviled,

Thank you for your KB-posting.

Please refer to the following two KB-articles which addresses this inquiry:

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Sep 29, 2017 10:08:24 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Sven

The first article you referred to , i had found on my own and already posted a question there. My knowledge of Java is not good enough to interpret the source completely.

So i have been experimenting with some of the things i assumed that were used to determine the font size. But so far no luck at all.

The second link does not really help me in case of the sunburst map...

i did a day research on the subject before posting here, i am looking for a specific fix for my problem since i cannot find the specific solution here, on spiceworks or anywhere else :(

Created on Oct 2, 2017 8:09:08 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey eviled,

Please open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\javascript\_Prtg.ObjectTree.Sunburst.Plugin.js in a text-editor (e.g. notepad++), search for the entries (2 times in the file) return d.sunburst.fontsize + "px" and change this entries to return "20px"

Once you have done this, please reload your map by pressing CTRL + F5.

Kindly note, this change will affect all sunburst objects in your maps and in your web GUI as well.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Oct 4, 2017 5:42:11 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

And you Sven , you are my hero of the day sir :)

I finally set the fontsize to 24px , that suits my needs perfectly (had to shorten 4-5 names , the rest is now properly sized.| thanks for the detailed info :)

For other people looking into this :

this only works for a ridiculous sized map on a very large screen, on a normal sized display the text will be way to big to fit in the circle map...

Created on Oct 5, 2017 9:49:33 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.