What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom table: windows update status

Votes:

Hi,

I would like some guidance on how to create a new map showing the status of Windows Updates across all my servers (around 20). I would like a table to show; Server name, time since last update and the Windows Updates which are of type "missing".

The Windows Update Status sensor has many channels, including 'time since last update' and others showing the number of updates which are missing or installed.

How can I create such a table? And how would I populate it for all my servers? Or would I simple create a new table (a 1 row table) for each server and stack them visually to create the illusion of a table??

I have read a few articles on creating custom tables by copying an existing table, but I'm struggling to understand how to incorporate the items I need.

Many thanks in advance.

custom maps sensors table

Created on May 23, 2018 10:29:13 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Miyo,

Can you show me these articles you've read on creating these tables?

I'm not aware of this functionality.

Created on May 24, 2018 8:13:15 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Not sure if these screenshots are going to come out...

What I can do

What I want

Created on May 24, 2018 9:26:43 AM

Votes:

They did not. Can you open a support ticket and put them in there?

Created on May 24, 2018 10:37:14 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi,

Actually the screen shots just illustrated what I wanted to achieve vs what I am able to do right now. I'll try to upload again.

Re your first question about the links; here they are again....

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/66755-how-to-find-out-all-columns-in-the-map-table https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61263-where-can-i-find-custom-map-objects-and-other-map-customizations

I submitted a reply earlier today, but it said it was awaiting moderation.

Thanks.

Created on May 24, 2018 10:55:33 AM

Votes:

Here are the screenshots again (this time hosted on Dropbox)

What I can do What I want

And again, in case that doesn't work, here is a text link

What I can do

What I want

Thanks.

Created on May 24, 2018 11:00:06 AM

Votes:

Ok, the issue is that the Data Tables cannot combine data from multiple sensors. They can only look at a single sensor.

To do what you're looking to do, you would have to pull the data out with an API call, and then build your own custom map object based on the data you extract from PRTG.

It's possible, just not with the native toolset we have in PRTG.

Created on May 24, 2018 1:03:40 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.