What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

change fontsize for Down sensors Table in 18.4

Votes:

can i still customize the font size with? no matter what i do the font size do not change.

i have tried this: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/2223-how-do-i-increase-the-font-size-of-a-table-in-prtg-s-maps#reply-212021

and I have created a copy of the object and alter the font size direkt in the style part, nothing happens.

font-size maps prtg

Created on Jan 29, 2019 10:23:21 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Timo,

Unfortunately, we can't provide support when it comes to customizing any component of the webinterface, including map objects. The following CSS, applied to

<app directory>\webroot\css\styles_custom_v2.css

...should do the trick:

.map_object form .table td,
.map_object .table td,
.map_object .table th,
.map_object .table td.col-message .status,
.map_object .table td.col-message .logmessage {font-size: 16px !important;}

Make sure to force-refresh your browser afterwards.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 29, 2019 1:13:41 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 29, 2019 1:14:15 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

is there a supported way to alter the font size of a single Table?

.should do the trick:

.map_object form .table td,
.map_object .table td,
.map_object .table th,
.map_object .table td.col-message .status,
.map_object .table td.col-message .logmessage {font-size: 16px !important;}

If I understand this correct, this should change the font size of every table. I have tested this but again nothing happens, Do I have to reboot the server or somting else? I only want to change the font size of 1 Table on one Map.

kind regards

Timo

Created on Jan 30, 2019 7:55:47 AM

Votes:

Rebooting the PRTG Core Service is necessary in this one, yep. Sorry, I should've mentioned that. Additionally, this will indeed change all tables, you'd need to modify the CSS selector to only apply to the CSS ID after adding it to the map.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,

Created on Jan 30, 2019 10:35:50 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

sorry for asking but the topic is matching our scenario. We'd already changed the font-size of our maps by using the code you've mentioned. As Timo mentioned this changed the font-size for every map. I'd tried to figured out what is ment by CSS selectors (for just adjusting the font-size of specific maps), but I think therefore my CSS is to bad. Can you maybe say one or two words about CSS selectors and how to put them/us them in the custom.css?

Another question, but with the same target: is there a way to use a dynamic font-size variable to get a scaling regarding the screensolution or maybe procentage?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards, Dominik

Created on Mar 8, 2019 2:25:47 PM

Votes:

Dariusz is already helping out over in Easily rescale the font size of maps, I guess? Did you restart the Core Server service already to have the changes loaded? Regarding the selector, when you right click the element in the browser and hit "Inspect", you can right click the HTML object (e.g. <a href ...>) and copy the Selector under Copy | Selector :)

The following video shows how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2aAEzlvyDc

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,

Created on Mar 11, 2019 1:17:50 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.