What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Using Custom Map Object with Library on a Donut Object

Votes:

Hi,

I have read several topics about making custom map objects to view data in a different way: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61263-where-can-i-find-custom-map-objects-and-other-map-customizations

Currently I'm trying to make a custom map object out of a Donut (originally donut_font-dark.htm) that is taking data from a library, of which the library ID is entered in the "HTML Before" placeholder in the Map designer.

Basically, I'm trying to execute this topic, but then instead of a sunburst I want a donut: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/59942-how-can-i-use-a-status-icon-of-a-device-in-maps-which-only-considers-specific-sensors

Can you help me with building up this custom map object?

Regards.

custom-map-object donuts library map-objects

Created on Feb 5, 2019 2:05:11 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I am afraid that this is not possible as the Sunburst is generated entirely different from the Donut Object. The Sunburst works with the internal tree or libtree plugin whereas the donut object uses a new and dedicated donut-plugin.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 5, 2019 3:03:51 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That's too bad... Can you tell me specifically which objects can be altered to work with the libtree plugin?

Created on Feb 5, 2019 3:06:31 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

I understand that, unfortunately, there is no documentation about that as we do not offer/support customizing of PRTG.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 6, 2019 8:49:42 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Again I think thats a prio 1 feature which everybody would like!

Created on Mar 18, 2020 8:42:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.