What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to modify the report template so that i can create a report as i desired?

Votes:

I want to create a report that different from the report template that already given. I can't use solution that asked me to add coding into my report because i'm using PRTG web for my company so that i don't have the installation done. Please assist me in this porblem.

prtg reports template

Created on Apr 25, 2019 2:45:20 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Ajiemwadud,

Please follow the following link to our KB article that covers this topic.

How do I modify PRTG report templates?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Apr 25, 2019 7:19:32 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Benjamin, I can't find the installation folder in my computer because i'm only given access to the web monitoring. Can i still proceed with the solution that u give?

Created on Apr 26, 2019 2:23:47 AM

Votes:

Ajiemwadud,

No, you will need access to the PRTG server in order to modify the reporting templates.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Apr 26, 2019 7:38:09 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

All I can do to when I access the server is to choose the report template that already exist. But, I need to modify or create a new report for the sensors or device in my server such as simplify the graph so that the report follow my superior's desires. As the article that you give to me, it says that i need to go to 'webroot\reporttemplates' sub-directory of my PRTG installation in order to insert the codes in order to modify the report template. But, I can't find the installation folder because I didn't install the PRTG network monitor in my laptop. I just access the server using the web browsing tools, not the PRTG nertwork monitor software.

Created on Apr 29, 2019 1:55:09 AM

Votes:

Ajiemwadud,

You will have to have access to the PRTG installation directory in order to modify the reports. Is there any resource in your company who can assist you with this?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Apr 29, 2019 7:16:31 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Sadly there is no other resource that can assist me in my company. Is there any other possible solution that I can apply for this problem.

Created on Apr 29, 2019 7:23:44 AM

Votes:

Ajiemwadud,

Without access to the PRTG Server, we cannot assist you with this.

Apologies that we weren't able to assist you.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Apr 29, 2019 7:50:35 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Is it possible to delete or add some rows in the table of the sensors report using other option than using the PRTG Server.

Created on Apr 30, 2019 1:39:59 AM

Votes:

Unfortunately not, sorry :(

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 30, 2019 10:07:12 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.