What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map Status Donut Objet for devices that aren't in the same group, is possible?

Votes:

Good Day

Like the tittle says, i am trying to put a Status Donut object from some devices that aren't in the same group, from where i understand the status and top 10 objects only work for devices already made on the same group, i cant find a way with out duplicating all the sensors and making a separate group to recall the data from there.

i don't want to go like that because of this

[quote]Cloning an object will cause the sensors to hit the server several times[/quote] https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/62880-does-cloning-a-device-or-group-cause-the-sensor-to-hit-a-server-more-times#reply-203181

i don't know how to do it or if its possible to be made on prtg with out maybe grafana or another script that recall the data from prtg api, is there a way to make it on prtg map designer?

Thanks in advance

duplicate-sensors map-designer map-objects

Created on May 20, 2019 7:29:40 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Abel,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Unfortunately, there is no map object that provides you with that view. We provide a handful of articles that help you creating map objects but we've decided to cease support for customizing PRTG.

Thank you very much for your understanding and sorry that I can't offer a more satisfactory answer in this case.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on May 22, 2019 9:16:11 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.