What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Clustered Disks and Mount Points

Votes:

I am looking at creating a sensor for clustered disks and mount points, but we regularly get alarms if the disk or mount point moves between servers. Is there anything that can monitor clustered disks and mount points even after the disks move?

I have found the EXE script for mount points, but this still errors if they move.

clustered-disks mount-points volumes wmi

Created on May 23, 2019 12:43:26 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Are you referring to this script? Or a different one? If the latter, with the first one, you could monitor the other end of the connection, and it should not care about the volumes being moved :)

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on May 24, 2019 5:49:43 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephen,

Do you mean instead of monitoring the mount points, monitor the physical storage instead?

Created on Jun 11, 2019 3:12:29 PM

Votes:

That's what I meant, yes - if that's feasible for you.

Created on Jun 12, 2019 6:24:27 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately not. In some cases we have our SAN connected directly to the servers and these are not networked.

Created on Jun 25, 2019 9:43:56 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

I'm afraid but this won't work out of the box with native PRTG sensors. Another possible example that monitors the cluster status in general and which might be suitable can be found here.
Monitoring this scenario might work as well with another custom script, but so far we have no script for this particular scenario.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 26, 2019 7:07:52 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.