What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Increase the size of Alarm text

Votes:

I have a map using Alarms(Gauges) I would like to increase the size of the text that is shown on the map. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

alarms maps prtg

Created on May 21, 2020 2:30:02 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

David,

Yes, you will need to make your own CSS code to do this.

KB2223

Check out the KB above for some examples of how this works.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on May 22, 2020 9:38:34 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

For this, you would need to create a custom map object that overrides the CSS that PRTG is using for the map objects.

How can I add or edit map objects used for PRTG's maps?

Let me know if this helps you.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on May 21, 2020 8:18:19 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin Many thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have never worked with HTML or any other code before. I have managed to pick up some simple stuff Like <font size='11' color='Red' face='Courier New'><b>DC Cooling Alerts</b> which I can understand but the article you referred to makes no sense to me at all. I have looked through your KB but not found that tells me how to set the font size bigger.

Thanks

David

Created on May 22, 2020 8:03:39 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

David,

Yes, you will need to make your own CSS code to do this.

KB2223

Check out the KB above for some examples of how this works.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on May 22, 2020 9:38:34 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.