What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Request for Cisco Uptime Sensor

Votes:

Hello - I'd like request that a Sensor be created specifically for the Cisco Uptime to read beyond the 32 bit value:

A support engineer on the knowledge page suggested a perfect solution by scanning a SNMP OID for the snmpEngineTime which returns seconds up vs. Timeticks. THANK YOU: Luciano Link ---> https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/72315-snmp-custom-advanced-uptime This works perfectly and I'd like to see a more permanent option

Thank you

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

I'd like request that a Sensor be created specifically for the Cisco Uptime to read beyond the 32 bit value.

Details of User Story

We currently are creating SNMP custom Advanced sensor for each device and pulling the OID: 1.3.6.1.6.3.10.2.1.3.0 This was suggested by a Paessler (See Above) and it's working perfectly. I'd like to see a more permanent version in future releases.

Option but a plus: Set alerts thresholds based on over or under certain time frames. We currently try to avoid having equipment run for years without a reboot and it would be nice to produce a report/alarm on this equipment.

Acceptance criteria

• Criterion #1 - Uptime reports beyond the 497 days limited by the 32 bit Integer value returned.
  • Optional - alerts based on thresholds (Under or over cretain time frames).

Status

Open

add-sensor improve-prtg prtg-kbtracker

Created on Sep 25, 2020 6:30:33 PM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.