What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Custom Map Object

Votes:

Good morning,

I want to design a new map inside PRTG to create an overview over the server room. now I want to create icons for the different server racks we have.

In those server racks are of course multiple machines that are all being monitort with PRTG. Does anyone know if its possible to link multiple devices to an custom object/icon

custom devices map prtg

Created on Jul 7, 2021 7:11:38 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Kian,

For creating custom map objects, I would recommend this article.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jul 7, 2021 9:47:44 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for your reply,

I already know how Custom objects work, I want to know if the specific idea I described is possible

Created on Jul 7, 2021 9:50:35 AM

Votes:

Hi Kian,

It could be possible that your request can be realized with a Library in your map. Since it is not possible to integrate a Library in PRTG naively there is a workaround mentioned in this feature request.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jul 7, 2021 11:01:26 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.