What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Obtaining MAC address - Ubiquiti

Votes:

Hi there,

Is it at all possible to capture a MAC address of our Ubuiqiti estate using PRTG?

Many thanks

i-nsm5 mac prtg ubiquit

Created on Aug 20, 2013 9:58:38 AM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very sorry, but PRTG can't produce a list of MAC-Addresses of certain devices (or all devices) in your network. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on Aug 20, 2013 2:38:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It has been nearly 3 years. Is obtaining a MAC address via PRTG an option now?

Created on May 25, 2016 6:43:36 PM

Last change on Jun 1, 2016 6:54:38 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

As you can see, there have been very few requests to this in those 3 years. The only available option is the SNMP Custom String Sensor.

Created on May 26, 2016 7:52:25 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would put into account that this wasn't exactly the easiest post to find. The issue is, we're developing an integration for LabTech RMM and there is no way to match the devices from PRTG to LabTech. Could you help resolve this? Exposing the MAC and/or IP is what's needed for this. This feature would make the plugin more useful to the engineer.

Created on May 26, 2016 9:37:55 PM

Votes:

We understand that this is important to you. We have to take the whole user base into account though when deciding to implement a certain feature or not. And for over 50,000 installations of PRTG 15+ there simply haven't been near enough requests for such a sensor.

Created on May 27, 2016 6:54:10 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Created on May 31, 2016 5:58:03 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.