What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Deploy template without auto-discovery

Votes:

Hello everyone

I would like to deploy my own template to a device, but without an auto-discovery which add sensor. I do not want PRTG to add sensor to the device. If I understood the only way to apply template is by using it with auto-discovery. If I create my own template with the most adapted settings I expect to be able to using it as is.

Any suggestion would be appreciate thank you.

Yann

auto-discovery deploy template

Created on May 4, 2017 7:08:14 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Yann, thank you for your KB-Post.

It's not possible to apply a template without a discovery. The template's purpose is to only deploy specific sensors.

There are two distinct types of Auto-Discovery in PRTG:

Auto-DiscoveryWill deploy several sensors based on all of PRTG's Default/standard device templates
Auto-Discovery with TemplateAllows you to deploy sensors only from one or more selected device templates

These are even several device templates available on the KB which will only deploy device-specific sensors:

To locate all current templates, please use the following tag-based search:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on May 4, 2017 7:41:32 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Feb 23, 2018 10:25:45 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply.

Well I'm a bit disapointed, for my point of view, it is not a template as you could expect. I think I'll try the "clone..." feature to accomplish what I want.

Created on May 4, 2017 12:13:55 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.